Capturing Life One Click at a Time

My photo
Capturing life one click at a time pretty much describes my style of photography. I have a photojournalistic type of photography always striving to keep your images creative and fun. I hope you enjoy the images below and don't forget to leave me a little comment to let me know! :-) Contact me today for more information: Email: abrooksphotography@yahoo.com Phone: 616-308-8918 Scroll down for pricing.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Meet Kiara and Beast

Earlier this year, my little little Shih-tzu puppies had to be put to sleep. One had cancer and the other had skin, eye and ear problems that over the years grew to be very uncomfortable for her. They were both 10, almost 11 years old. Since then, I have been researching puppies to find the perfect fit for our family. I grew up with big dogs and kinda wanted another big dog after having 2 little puppies. Well, I guess when I go big, I go real big! I found the Great Pyrenees Breed online a few months ago and fell in love! After seeing the "save the polar bears" commercial, I joked about getting a polar bear ... I guess in a sense I did! Great Pyrenees can grow anywhere from 80 to 150lbs! They are like like huge, white snowballs or polar bears. I found a Great Pyrenees Rescue right here in Michigan and it just so happened, they had puppies! The mom and the dad were handed over to the rescue a week before the mom gave birth to 10 completely adorable puppies ... 5 boys and 5 girls. I went there with the intent of getting one puppy. However, after seeing them I couldn't pick ... I wanted them all!! I did use a bit of restraint and didn't take all 10. So, meet our new additions ... the all white one is Beast (From Beauty and the Beast 1 of my Fav Disney movies) and Kiara (from Lion King my other fav Disney movie). They made themselves quite at home...:-)










This is the puppies mama. She's the sweetest thing and such a good mama. She's only 2 years old and this is her 4th litter of puppies! Neededless to say, as soon as she's all healed up she's going to be spayed. 4 litters of 10ish puppies ... this poor mama's had quite enough!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Awwwww!! They are adorable