Capturing Life One Click at a Time

My photo
Capturing life one click at a time pretty much describes my style of photography. I have a photojournalistic type of photography always striving to keep your images creative and fun. I hope you enjoy the images below and don't forget to leave me a little comment to let me know! :-) Contact me today for more information: Email: abrooksphotography@yahoo.com Phone: 616-308-8918 Scroll down for pricing.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Welcome Emerson Laura


So after a very long few days Emerson Laura, my new niece, finally decided to make her speedy entrance into this world.
On December 16th, Leasa's due date, she began the fabulously, wonderful labor experience. At around 11:30pm, Leasa, Michael (daddy) and I headed to the hospital. Leasa was in fact in labor - contractions about 5-6 minutes apart lasting 1:10, however nothing was progressing so we were sent home.
The very next day (Dec. 17th) Leasa went in for a Non-Stress Test. After having contractions for 16 hours and not sleeping the previous 2 nights, she was exhausted. Poor thing ...


But once again, we were sent home and told to come back the following day for another Non-Stress Test because the baby failed that one. Well, baby Emerson didn't want to wait. I received a phone call at 4:47am .... it was Leasa, the baby had begun to crown at home and the were racing to the hospital. I was getting up and getting ready to meet them when I receive a text, Emerson had been born! They arrived at the hospital at 5:06am, Leasa went to change but was only able to get one shoe off before the baby started coming ... Emerson was born at 5:11am, December 18th, 2010.

Emerson with big sister Jaida ... Jaida did not want to let her go. She is loving her baby sister.


The 3 girls as the proud daddy looks on ...







Congratulations Leasa and Michael! She is so, so, so beautiful!!

No comments: