Capturing Life One Click at a Time

My photo
Capturing life one click at a time pretty much describes my style of photography. I have a photojournalistic type of photography always striving to keep your images creative and fun. I hope you enjoy the images below and don't forget to leave me a little comment to let me know! :-) Contact me today for more information: Email: abrooksphotography@yahoo.com Phone: 616-308-8918 Scroll down for pricing.

Friday, December 10, 2010

'Tis The Season ...

On Dec. 3rd, we made our way to the mall to visit the REAL Santa!! Santa had teamed up with Macy's to raise a little bit of holiday cash for the Make-A-Wish foundation. Of course the Make-A-Wish foundation is a very special one in my mind. I have been a part of the congenital heart defect world for over 11 years now, since my 3rd child Zachary was born with 2 heart defects. Many children born with a congenital heart defect benefit from the awesome work that those involved at the Make-A-Wish foundation do. Zachary was not involved with Make-A-Wish, he passed away at 6 months old during open heart surgery but many of my fellow "heart families" have had so many memorable and fantastic memories because of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Here is Santa reading Twas the Night Before Christmas to all the kids.

Kayleigh was so excited to see Santa, however ... she didn't dare go without her mom right by her side. Lara hates her picture taken but suffered through it for her daughter and a great organization.


Below we have Alyssa with Santa ... she was so very excited to read to Santa what she wrote on her "wish card."

Here is Santa informing us that Alyssa wants a puppy for Christmas and is very positive Santa is going to bring her one. Um ... yeah.

It was a fabulously fun couple hours. Watching the joy within the hearts of the little children, feeling the energy within the air and just focusing on the important things in life. Thanks so much to Macy's and the Make-A-Wish foundation for all your do to make life long memories for kids who go through so much more than any child should have to.

No comments: