Capturing Life One Click at a Time

My photo
Capturing life one click at a time pretty much describes my style of photography. I have a photojournalistic type of photography always striving to keep your images creative and fun. I hope you enjoy the images below and don't forget to leave me a little comment to let me know! :-) Contact me today for more information: Email: abrooksphotography@yahoo.com Phone: 616-308-8918 Scroll down for pricing.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Lakeside - Celebrating 50 Years!


Friday evening Keith and I took a beautiful little road trip down to Lakeside, Mi. We very much enjoyed the changing colors of the leaves and the amazing, unseasonal warm temperatures!

After arriving in Lakeside, we met up with Desi and her family at their beautiful weekend home. They were enjoying a little family reunion in celebration of Desi parents 50th Wedding Anniversary!!

After grabbing a few big family pictures, we seperated the families and rocked out a few individual family pictures. Each family had teenage children and anyone with teenage children knows it is nearly impossible to get them together, dressed up and "ok" with having their picture taken so we took complete advantage of the situation...:-)









As we all know, celebrating 50 years of marriage is well, uncommon these days so I had to ask ... What's the secret? The response I got was, "Never give up, don't quit. You are going to go through hard times, everyday is not going to be easy, you have to make the decision to never give up through those hard times, you stick it out together." Which I thought was amazing advice! As we were ending the conversation, I was reminded by them as well that thier relationship is not just a two person relationship, it involves three ... the two of them and Jesus Christ ... Desi's Dad reminds me that we can't do it without Him.

Such a beautiful family!! I very much enjoyed meeting them and capturing images that will remind them of their fabulous weekend together!!

No comments: